Question for Walter, or anyone else familiar with peels

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

crzyakta

Question for Walter, or anyone else familiar with peels

Post by crzyakta »

Would a acid based peel, such as TCA at 25-30% or Glycolic Acid at 30% kill off the mites, or help kill them off?
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

My understanding is that peels are only done to exfoliate the dead skin more quickly. They don't do anything else. They can irritate the skin, however. Especially if you're using something drying like ZZ cream. So it's best not to use them. ZZ is a pretty good exfoliant by itself. You can use packaging tape to lift any dead skin off you face if you really want. That's what I do.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
kat7

Peel might work

Post by kat7 »

I know 2 women who had face peels to get rid of wrinkles (done by plastic surgeons) ... both had acne rosacea and both ended up with none after the peel.

Both have been trouble free since ... one perhaps 10 years ago and the other maybe 5.

As far as I know the peels done by your normal esthetician probably are not strong enough. I talked at length to mine when I had my outbreak and now she is very interested in zz cream for her clients who have problems.

Mine is totally gone but it took at least 90 days.

Linda
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

hehe Steve, the peels I`m talkin about are alot more invasive than what you are thinking about
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Sorry, I don't buy it. Peels are just superficial and only affect the dead skin at the top-most layer of your skin. They don't extend to lower layers. And they don't extend down into the pores themselves. The pores are where the bacteria and mites live. And as for wrinkles, peels really aren't going to help there either. Wrinkles are caused by fat cells below the skin's surface. UVA from the sun is the primary culprit for aging, as it causes these fat cells to reshape themselves. If you want to avoid wrinkles, stay out of the sun. There are probably laser devices which have wavelengths that can penetrate into the fat layers and affect wrinkles, however, but they're not peels.

Steve
Austin, Texas USA
crzyakta

Post by crzyakta »

check on google for medium depth TCA peels, 25%+
SteveInAustin

Post by SteveInAustin »

Yeah, if you are peeling away more than just your dead skin cells on the surface of your face, then you are damaging your skin. Stop. That might actually age your skin faster if you attack living skin instead of just peeling away dead skin.

I saw figures of thousands of dollars for professional peels, also. It's a huge waste of money on a product that does nothing, essentially. But then most of these beauty creams do nothing and cost tons of money. Ya'all are being scammed. Use tape to lift dead skin away from your face. And use a moisturizer with SPF 15 or above and UVA blocker during the day. That'll save you a whole lot of money, and it actually "works".

Steve
Austin, Texas USA