In need of help immediately

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

pears103

In need of help immediately

Post by pears103 »

I am a 20 year old male from new york. I was diagnosed with acne rosacea about 4 months ago. I was put on doxycyline and erythromycin with very little results. The pastules and pimples went away but my nose and cheeks are still red. I feel itchy every night on my nose and cheeks and it definately feels like something is crawling in my face. The sides of my nose are also more red than usual which I have heard was a result of demodex mites. How can this zz cream be called a cure when you can get reinfected? Last time I checked..a cure means you are rid of a disease or problem and it never comes back. I have alot more questions which need answering. Could someone who had acne rosacea and used the product please let me know if it worked, how long it took, if any symptoms ever came back or you really cured it? I would appreciate it.
Marla

Cure

Post by Marla »

Hmm. I see what you mean. To cure something that comes back is perplexing in it's simplicity.

Let's see what we can do to establish what the cure really is.

1) A person has acne, and does not know the cause;
2) Demodex infestation is reduced or eliminated;
3) The acne goes away, yet the mites dwell in close proximity to our skin throughout our lives.

Help me out here. Where are we on the subject? Has this helped? Or have I merely made it more complex?

--Marla
pears103

confused

Post by pears103 »

All i wanted to know was whether this was really a cure. I've tried many other things which claimed to cure acne rosacea...if this is a cure then why doesn't anyone realize it? such as doctors. It'd be like there being a cure for aids and no one knowing bout it..it just wouldn't make sense. U said you still have acne rosacea so apparently it didn't cure you.
kat7

Perhaps this will help

Post by kat7 »

I was diagnosed with a case of acne rosacea the doctor prescribed an antibiotic which I refused to take.

I opted instead for the zz cream simply because my run in from the past with rosacea never brought a cure while I was on meds (or even a getting better).

My outbreak was pretty bad and getting worse by the day when I finally got in to the doctor ... I went only in hopes of some new thing ... there was no cure still.

That started my internet search and I quite by accident ran across the demodex mite info and then the demodex solution website.

I decided this something was worth a try since meds certainly did nothing but fend off the stuff until you quit the meds.

I started with the zz cream all over my face 2 times a day.
The stuff burns like crazy when you put it on probably because of the menthol in it ... that stops in a few mins. The smell is not that great but it was worth it if the product did what it claimed.

My next trip back to the doctor 2 1/2 weeks later made him slap himself on the back for prescribing such good meds (which I was not taking ... and I never told him different) ... I did ask him then about demodex and he assured me my breakout was not caused by them. I was much improved at that visit.

I noticed a cycle in break outs ... maybe every 3 days ... it was like the heavily infested areas spread out. I picked up spots on my face where there had been no break out before. It was almost like the little critters would come to the surface and scatter out from the ground zero area. This process continued for about a month. Then things started to get better and better. It took 3 months before things were pretty much gone.

From that time on I only treated specific areas where there would be a pimple or 2.
Finally they were all gone and my face is clear as a bell.

This certainly is not for someone who is not going to be diligent in their treatment.
I gave a bottle to my daughter and she quit after 2 weeks ... somehow it was to much trouble for her. She has me to see as a success ... one would think seeing was believing ... apparently not.

Personally I did not find it to difficult to wash my face and apply the cream 2 times a day.

I am now about 4 mos without an outbreak ... I keep my cream at hand and would use it immediately if I needed to.

I also purchased the body wash and shampoo.
They are pricey but I like them both ... they do last a long time.

pears103 ... you might want to ask yourself if being without the rosacea for say a month at a time is better than having it non-stop.

The first time I got rid of it I was free for about 15 years with the most beautiful skin imaginable ... when it came back this time I was shocked. I am now back to my beautiful skin but this time I am armed with the reason behind the infection and a product to help get rid of it.

I guess the real question you need to answer for YOURSELF ... is this worth a try and do you have the endurance to stick with the program for 90 to 120 days?

If not then you are likely to have this problem (getting worse with time) like so man others.

Linda