Questions

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Glaxony

Questions

Post by Glaxony »

I walk the dogs in the park in the afternoons. Should I be wearing a hat with a big brim to keep the sun off my face, and/or using a sun screen, or does the zinc oxide provide the protection I need?

How long does it take zz to do it's thing after you apply a treatment? 30 minutes, an hour, two hours? The reason I ask is I would like to treat twice a day, but I don't want to walk around all day with a white coating and dry face. Is it permissable to put it on in the mornings for 30 minutes, or an hour, or two hours, then wash it off and put on a super duper moisturizer, so I can go about my day looking somewhat normal, or it is imperative for me to leave it on all day long?
GM
gin & juice

Post by gin & juice »

To help with white residue, I just dip my hands in water and rub my face. This won't wipe off the treatment, but will help to remove the white powder. I only do this mornings so far. Perhaps that will help for you too.
Walter

Post by Walter »

The ZZ has some protection against UV but I don’t know exactly how much,
using the ZZ for 30 minutes is of not much use, if les then 2 hours better don’t use and wait
till the evening or back home, even only applied in the evening/night it will work, will only
take a longer time.
Maybe you can try like gin & juice suggested, also, applying on a slight humid skin makes
it easier to spread out, if you experiment a bit it should be possible to use almost invisible and
in addition, you can try to use your moisturizer over it, maybe that will also help to make the ZZ invisible.

Let us know if you found your way………………….

Happy New Year

Walter