First day on ZZ cream

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

E-Man

First day on ZZ cream

Post by E-Man »

Hello all,

My first day, well more like night on ZZ cream..

It was 6:30, I took a shower and then wet my face and then applied the ZZ cream by putting spots all over my face then i rubbed it in, no matter how much I try I can't seem to get rid of the look of cream on my face :D

The feeling on my face feels very cold, is this normal?

After application, my skin is a bit flaky, is this also normal?
Marla

Spots

Post by Marla »

Hi, E-Man:
  • Dry your face.
    Rub a small amount of cream between your fingertips.
    Swipe your fingertips here and there on your face.
    By this time, the cream will be barely visible.
    Massage it in by gently rubbing in upward circles all over your face.
    Make sure you treat your hairline, your ear folds, and the edges of your nostrils, and your neck creases. Not a bad idea to rub your upper back and shoulders with your hands that still have some cream on them.
    Keep it away from your eyelids.
Enjoy the cool feeling.

Remember to use small amounts.

Is it possible that what you see as flakes could be the excess whiteness of the ointment that lodges into the rough areas of your skin?
E-Man

Post by E-Man »

Hi Marla,

Is it safe to put the ZZ cream in the areas marked blue in the following diagram:

Oh and about how you said that the flaking could be due to the roughness of some parts of my face, I think you are right :) When I woke up in the morning, there was still flaking on my face, but particularly in the rough parts.

What do you suggest I do to stop flaking in the rough parts? or should I leave it alone?
flower

Post by flower »

i always found that application of the zz cream on a damp face worked best for me. if i applied it to my dry face , the application wasn't even enough or thin enough. dampening the skin before application was when all my troubles with patchy dry spots disappeared. also, applying it to a damp face negated having to rub the zz in to even out the application....rubbing it in on a dry face to even out the distribution of the cream led to red burned areas.i try never to rub the zz in ..just slide it over damp skin, and gently smooth in as the face dries. i also use way less this way with excellent results. you may be starting with too large an amount. i start the application on the thickest skin first(nose, forehead, chin)..then outwards to the thinner skin on cheeks.
hope this helps
flower
E-Man

Post by E-Man »

Thanks for your help, but is it safe to put on the eyebrows?
E-Man

Post by E-Man »

Also, to get rid of the look of cream on my face can I wash my face before and after putting ZZ cream? or would that stop it from working?
Marla

Post by Marla »

E-Man wrote:Hi Marla,

Is it safe to put the ZZ cream in the areas marked blue in the following diagram:

Indeed, I apply the treatments in those locations. The eyebrows and the brow bone as well as the temples are good places to treat. And underneath the nostrils is an important place for treatment. The areas at the nostril openings and the nostril entrances can be treated as well.

The precaution you need to take if you wet your skin first, is to keep the product from mixing with the water and then running into your eyes. I do not wet my skin first. Instead, you might want to dampen your hands and then rub the product on your hands before applying to the face. But that's another story I guess.

To see if you have troubles at the nostril entrances, press the skin together as though you were testing for mites. You should see some sebum come out of the pores. Surpising, but when we think about it, that's where the mites are likely to lodge from airborne particles.

I am impressed with the diagram you provided! Nice job.

Oh and about how you said that the flaking could be due to the roughness of some parts of my face, I think you are right :) When I woke up in the morning, there was still flaking on my face, but particularly in the rough parts.

What do you suggest I do to stop flaking in the rough parts? or should I leave it alone?
Leave it alone, or try using a product called Pretty Feet & Hands rough skin remover lotion, made by B.F. Ascher & Co., Inc.

Here's how:
Caution: Keep your eyes shut until after your final rinse.
Rinse face with plain water, but do not wash first.
Put about a quarter-sized amount of lotion on your palm.
Spread the lotion on both palms.
Pat and rub your face and neck gently until the dead skin rolls up into balls.
Rinse thoroughly.
Wash gently with Acarid removing soap or the foam wash by Demodex Solutions.
Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.

Do this about once a week. Not necessary to do it more frequently -- in fact more frequency can expose your skin to damage from the sun and organisms.

I am going to go do this right now. It's been about a week, and I need to help the old skin off of my complexion.

There ya go, E-Man. What say? Let us know what works and how you're doing. I'm never sure what people are talking about when it comes to skin flakes, but I can say that we who have Demodex problems tend to have excess epithelial cells that do not shed normally. They hang on forever.

--Marla