1.5yrs on, need advice

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

matt

1.5yrs on, need advice

Post by matt »

Hi All,

I've now been using these products for about 1.5yrs. Originally I started using XFML and ZZ, and then switched to ZZ only in the evening. I had mixed results - sometimes clear, and then two days later I'd have a new face full of spots.

After 1 yr I was mostly happy though, acheiving 50-60% improvement (better than nothing!). I decided to go have two IPL laser treatments to clear up some presistant red veins and general redness. I also stopped using DS products for about 5 days after the 1st treatment. AFter this time may face broke out very bad and took 2-3 months to calm down, again not completely clear but about 50% better. So I decided to use the DS shampoo and face wash and fulio cream as well and now it has been about 1.5yrs in all - over this entire period I have only not used ZZ for one 5day period.

Today I looked in the mirror, and at a photo of myself when I started and cannot really say with confidence that I have had any vast improvement, although I do have some good days now and then but they only ever last for 2 or 3 days max. I know if I stop though the breakout will be awful. Despite my lack of success, I am still convinced that the mites are playing a role due to the nature of the spots, itchiness etc.

I thought perhaps I could list my regimen, and perhaps some people may have some recommendations.

* In the morning I usually just rinse with water and washcloth, sometimes I use the acarid face wash as well. I then lightly treat with the fulio cream. I cover up a bit using Linda Sy's tinted zinc-o (recommendation from the rosacea board). This protects me from the sun (I live in australia), and covers the redness slightly.

* In the evening, I wash with the acarid foaming face wash, acraid soap for my body, and every three days or so the demodex shampoo. I then shave, and lightly treat with fuulio. About an hour later, I rinse my face again so it is wet, and then lightly smear on ZZ. One thing that concerns me is that I have only been thru two tubs of ZZ over 18mnths despite using it every night - should i really paste it on, or lightly massage in?

* I take about 1g or more of Vit C per day - if i dont i definetely notice my face is worse. I have also experimented with fibre supplements, becasue i find that if i am "blocked up" i will get a couple of sore pimples. I also cannot drink at all anymore - even a glass of red wine I will regret the next day or so, because new spots will come.

* I try not to touch my face at all, but inevitably do sometimes, so i make sure I wash my hands alot during the day. I change my pillowcase every few days (although I also have noticed that the more I sleep with my face in the pillow the worse I will be).

* My diet is not fantastic, but it is OK. I dont eat a lot of refined sugar.

* I have no pets.

I will try and find a webserver and post some photos, or perhaps, Walter I can email to you?

All the best,
Matt
E-Man

Post by E-Man »

Free hosting ~ http://www.zeeblo.com
matt

Post by matt »

I've uploaded a "before" and "after" figure which I will leave online temporarily. The photos are not great, but you get the idea.

Also, I must correct the above time, it has not been 1.5yrs but about 1.25.

1 week in (June 2004):
http://members.dodo.com.au/~hipsey/IMGP0168.jpg

now (Aug 2004)
http://members.dodo.com.au/~hipsey/IMGP0927.jpg
Johanna

Post by Johanna »

Hi Matt-

You definitely have improvement but I understand your frustration. I have also been using the products for 1.25 years and my skin is still giving me a lot of trouble.

I keep hoping that my skin will do a turn around and I will be able to report a "cure". I am trying to treat less and see if this makes a difference.

Have you tried the Fum. without the metro? I have and I want to be able to use it (need something during the day) but I think it makes things worse. It is hard to tell anymore.

Good luck and take care of yourself-

Johanna
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello Matt

I saw your pictures, it is better but for sure not good enough,
It is possible you did not use enough, 2 jars in 18 months sounds a bit to little,
Try to use more, in the case one need to treat the whole face like you, and if your skin can handle it,
use one jar ZZ in a month, I used myself two jars in a month without any problems with dry skin but
every skin is different of course.
Put with a finger some tiny spots of ointment everywere on your face and then rub it in softly.

Walter