10wk update (matt)

results? please share it with us and post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

From old forum

10wk update (matt)

Post by From old forum »

Hi All,
A few newcomers here so i'd thought i'd post my results so far. I'm 27 and have had, what i'd call moderate-severe, papulopustular rosacea (ie acneform rosacea - red nose, big pores, papules, pustules, redness ...) for almost 10yrs. 10wks ago i strated this treatment and initially had quite a difficult time. My face came up very red where i don't usually have a problem (eg temples, outer cheeks). where my classic symtpoms lied (t-zone), i had little reaction. After 4 weeks i noticed a big improvement, but still got weekly breakouts that were red, itchy and flaky. After 8wks, it was better still, but still cycles of good and bad. Now at 10weeks, I am really happy (touch wood), and my facing is looking much calmer. Still red nose and cheeks, but no big papules/pustules, just blotchiness really. Flakiness is still an issue when i wake up, but i wipe it off gently with a washcloth and XFML gets me through the day. Hopefully I will continue to see improvements, but I must admit my face is pretty damaged (ie veins scars etc) from years of this horrid condition. My face hasn't looked this good though since roaccutane, but with out all the systemic side effects - yay!
Anyway, I thought a positive report may help some of the newbies - i remember almost quitting several times in the last 2 months!
Bye for now
katwalker

Suggestion re: redness

Post by katwalker »

Just starting out with this product, so... we'll see.

Anyway, I was thinking that maybe you could try one of those laser treatments (e.g., IPL) to get rid of the excess redness. Yes, it's expensive, but many people with rosacea have found it gets rid of those nasty veins or redness to which you're referring. This doesn't have anything to do with the cause of rosacea (no matter what you think the cause is), but it does shrink/eliminate the vessels that are leading to chronic redness. Just something to consider.