No SSL secure connection for WorldPay

If you have suggestions about improving the Demodex website, any problem ordering/viewing or whatever related to the website,
please post here

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

Sanchez

No SSL secure connection for WorldPay

Post by Sanchez »

The http://www.demodexsolutions.com website (including the WorldPay) is not allowing a secure connection. Therefore it is not safe to send credit card information through the website.

I've had difficulty with this in the past, but I was always able to do make it work with enough effort. Not any more.

I use the Firefox browser, and determining whether the connection is secure or not is explained in this link: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ho ... ity+Button

I promise you, it is not working for the demodex solutions website.

EDIT: Title was changed because I found out that the problem is only with WorldPay: details below.
Walter

Re: No SSL secure connection

Post by Walter »

Hello

Since when is a secure connection needed just for viewing a website?

When used for a payment then it is needed of course but I can assure you
that the moment our clients are re-directed to Worldpay or Paypal to make
their payment, the pages automatically become secure and safe for sensitive data.
Do you really think that Worldpay or Paypal would work without secure pages?
Actually, it is very safe to make a payment with us, we don't store any credit card data
like many other company's who process cards themselves, we don't do this out of security reasons,
we even can not see the credit card numbers.
We are almost 10 years in business and never something happened so...........
Please don't post such negative stuff if you are not completely sure.

Walter
Sanchez

Post by Sanchez »

Hi Walter,

First please understand I am not trying to cause trouble. I have been a long time customer here and I am just trying to order some products. I tried to send you a private email but I don't think it got to you (did it?).

Please see the attached screen shot on the WorldPay "secure payment page". I have circled two things in red. In the upper left corner, you see from Firefox "Your connection to this website is not encrypted". In the bottom, you see it is asking me for my credit card details.

If you don't believe me, please try it yourself. I'd like to make an order but I would like a secure payment page.

Thank you.
Sanchez

Post by Sanchez »

UPDATE

- FireFox does not work for PayPal payment
- Internet Explorer has the same problem for WorldPay: There is no SSL connection.
- Internet Explorer works for PayPal and does have a secure SSL connection, so I was able to complete my order finally.

CONCLUSION: WorldPay is not providing a secure SSL Connection for Demodex Solutions orders, but PayPal is. However, PayPal does not work with the FireFox browser (have to use Internet Explorer).
Walter

Re: No SSL secure connection for WorldPay

Post by Walter »

Hello again

Looking the picture you made, one reason or the other, the payment page was opening inside the main frame of our site,
because of this, your browser sees the not secured main frame page instead of the secured
sub page (inside the main frame page)
your browser thinks the page is not secured but it is secured.
I just wonder why the payment page did not open in a new window for you.................

Walter