XFML & ZZ did not work for me (5 months)

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

gin & juice

XFML & ZZ did not work for me (5 months)

Post by gin & juice »

I would like to say that after 5 month of using XFML & ZZ religiously morning and night, as directed, my acne did not improve. It only got worse.

I started using XFML & ZZ in January. I stopped at the end of May. XFML only left me with lots of clogged pores, and ZZ did not do anything. I even tried just using ZZ by itself near the end of the treatment, and that was no good either.

I also noticed that the treatment started to affect how a few of my hairs were growing where the creams had been applied. For example, near the hairline, some of my hairs were growing in white (and deformed, as in very crooked, thicker than usual). Thankfully this was not permanent, and my hair is normal now.

From my experience, I would not recommend the general acne sufferers to use this treatment. I have payed around $400 for my treatment. I truly believe there are better courses of action for acne. Let me explain.

Acne was at its worst in 5 years! when I went off ZZ & XFML in May. Now it is July, about 2 months after I stopped treatment. I have been using benzoyl peroxide in 8% concentration (rx), clindoxyl gel (rx), along with over the counter vichy normaderm products. Only now am I finally getting very clear.

My conclusion from all this: XFML & ZZ did not work for me, but benzoyl peroxide worked. Benzoyl peroxide may never get you 100% clear, but it works far better for me than XFML & ZZ did for me (compare 2-3 tiny zits vs 15-20 normal sized pimples).
toronto

Post by toronto »

sorry to hear that

perhaps your acne wasn't caused by mites, not all acne is...

i was diagnosed with rosacea in nov and none of the derms prescrips helped me..

the ZZ cleared me up, i can't use the XFML, allergic to it..

i can't even touch benzyl peroxide my skin is way too sensitive..