Trying zz cream-brief overview and some questions

For all acne and rosacea related skin problems,
post here.

Moderators: Julia, Walter, Administrator

rgb77

Trying zz cream-brief overview and some questions

Post by rgb77 »

I bought the ZZ cream a few years ago when I started developing rosacea, but never really gave it a try because I guess I was too scared. I was diagnosed in 2006. She said there was nothing that could really be done about it except maintaining it with a few creams/gels and antibiotics. They worked okay for a while, but didn't really improve anything. Over the last few months its become worse than its ever been, probably because I got too much summer sun and I've become desperate to find something that will work. I have let this problem ruin every aspect of my life and I just cannot do it anymore. I've lost jobs, motivation, happiness, and the love of my life because I became obsessed with how my face looked and how it might look in the future instead of focusing on the important things in life. I feel like I am stuck and can't fully continue with my life until I do something about this.

So I bought the zz cream again and have been using it now for almost 3 weeks. Within the first week I had a pretty bad breakout. It has slowly faded, but I now have tight, dry skin that cracks and flakes. Everytime it seems like its gonna stop breaking out and start healing I get a few more pustules. I understand that this is to be expected and it's still early. I know it works differently for everyone, but I was just hoping I would be one of the lucky ones where it just started healing immediately. I don't know why, I am not a lucky person. I was also very surprised to find the bottom of the cream container last night when using the cream. The container it comes in is easily twice as big as the amount of cream you get.... I think I got more the first time I ordered it when it was in a green and white jar. I guess I'll have to use less, but I don't feel like I use a lot to begin with. I use maybe a pinch worth at night and a very very small amount mixed with some lotion in the morning. I can only hope this stuff really works. $50 with shipping for a spoonful of cream is really expensive especially when your unemployed. I was wondering if there is anything that can be done to get some kind of a discount? I'll gladly send before and after pics if this really does work.

Also is there anything that can be done about the shipping? When I ordered this first jar it took like 2 months to get it. It was held in customs or something for most of that time. Will they not hold it for so long the second time? Or is there anywhere to get it in the US? I don't want to have to stop in the middle of treatment because it takes so long to receive the package.

Any advice would be great,
Thanks
rgb77

Re: Trying zz cream-brief overview and some questions

Post by rgb77 »

About week 4 my face really seemed better, seemed to be healing from the initial breakout, and was less dry. Had about a week of looking pretty good. Then dryness came back some and broke out a little more. Not as bad as the first breakout, but still disappointing. Eyebrows and eyelashes seem to be falling out less and maybe a little thicker.

anyone get questions answered on here or know where to go to ask them?????????????????
rgb77

Post by rgb77 »

I guess mostly I'm just wondering if the initial breakout followed by good improvement then another small breakout is a good sign. I'm not completely sure that demodex is my problem though I have had quite a few of the symptoms you have listed (tickling sensation on cheeks, pustules on cheeks, forehead and in eyebrows, thin eyebrows, eyelash and eyebrow hair falling out, dry irritated skin around neck and ears, occasional zits in beard area, lots if I shave).
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello
I think I got more the first time I ordered it when it was in a green and white jar
No, it was and still is the same amount 20 gr. only the packing changed.
I'll gladly send before and after pics if this really does work.
You will get a coupon for 70US$ when emailing us your before and after pictures.
Also is there anything that can be done about the shipping? When I ordered this first jar it took like 2 months to get it. It was held in customs.
This happens very seldom, 99% of the time the orders arrive within a week max.
I guess mostly I'm just wondering if the initial breakout followed by good improvement then another small breakout is a good sign
Yes, this can be normal, try to be patient and not to worry too much, I know this is not easy but you will get better, you will see.

Walter
rgb77

Post by rgb77 »

Thanks for answering the questions. I know I pretty impatient, I just want to get my life back.
cutiemegumi

Post by cutiemegumi »

[quote]I use maybe a pinch worth at night and a very very small amount mixed with some lotion in the morning[/quote]

Hi rgb77

I wanted to ask for your opinion with mixing the zz cream with your moisturizer. Did you dilute it with water first? i want to try that out too. Was it effective at all??
rgb77

Post by rgb77 »

I usually mix in a small amount of aloe vera gel when I use it so its easier to spread around, no water. And now I have been using the xin fumanling in the morning. Its more moisturizing, but does burn a little after applying(different burning than the zz). Using the zz ointment 2 times a day is too drying. Whether or not its effective, I really still don't really know. Still haven't really seen a major consistant change for the better. I have good days and not so good days same as always. It does seem like the papules fade faster sometimes and compared to the breakout the first few weeks my face is much better and a lot less dry than it was. And I can say there has seemed to be an overall improvement, but my expectations are high and I need significant improvement before I can say its effective. I'm still hoping that this really works and I will continue.
cutiemegumi

Post by cutiemegumi »

mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

rgb77,
how is the cream working for you now? Im on the fence about whether or not to purchase as I cant handle another failure and dont know if Im strong enough to go thru the breakout phase. Im an emotional wreck already about my skin. Its a daily struggle that has put me into such a downward spiral for the last 2 years. I think about my skin all day every day. It wakes me up at night as well. I do not have the typical itchy sensation that many people talk about. I dont have tons of papules and pustules either but I do have large (huge in fact) pores that continually clog with hard pieces of what I have always thought was sebum. I now think it might be demodex if thats possible. I also have dry flakey skin that gets stuck to my face. I also battle constant picking of this dead skin inside the pores as well. Its a real problem in my chin area, especially the corners of my mouth. They literally need to be pried out of my face. Its such a vicious cycle that never stops. I truly dont know what they are. Some are white and very small and seed like and when you push up on them, sometimes I can get a little white line or string to shoot out. If it all comes out then all is good. If not it will not heal and will never go away it seems. Some are similar to the contents of a blackhead but once it comes out and the pore is clear, they will come right back again. Im so distraught over this and dont know what to use on my face. Ive tried seabuckthorn oil, bha's, aha's, mandelic acid and even a tea tree blemish serum but nothing stops them from forming. I have constant redness as well plus seborrheic dermatits on the sides of my face. I do have dandruff as well. I feel like I just dont know what condition to treat first. I just got a script from my derm for Invermectin and Permethen cream but am so scared to try. This was the first time he perscribed these treatments and suggested I take 5 pills at once of the Invermectin as well as applying the cream 2x's a day. He never said how much cream to apply but Im assuming a very small amount as to limit the side effects. Ive know there is a difference with the ZZ cream as this has sulphur in it. Can you offer any advise to a newbie?

thanks
Walter

Post by Walter »

Hello

The ivermictine you can use though it will not help so much,
it can only kill some adults for a couple of days.
For Ivermectine to be defective against demodex mites , one need to take for a minimum of 3 months,
the same as with our Zhongzhou ointment.
The Permethrin I would not use, it is a pesticide and not a good idea to use this for a long time on your face.
Up to you of course, just some advice.

Walter
mcwick94

Post by mcwick94 »

walter thank you for your quick response. I am literally sitting here with tears rolling down my face because I just washed my face and I cannot stand it another minute. I am on the brink of falling apart. Can you tell me based on the above description of my face what you think I should do? I guess I kind of know the answer to it...ZZ Cream..My skin is so clogged with stuff. Do you think the stuff that comes out of my pores on a daily basis is sebum or the mite? I just dont know why skin is dry and flakey and clogged no matter what i try so Im guessing its mites. If I do the ZZ Cream, how do I apply to an area like the crease of my chin and the corners of my mouth where this buildup is? How about moisturizing? Can this be done after or can it be mixed in? Also, when spots starting forming on my face, do I apply more of the ZZ cream here? How much should be used and should it be done all over the face or just on the areas that are giving me the most problems? I dont know if I have the strength to do this but I dont know if I have the strength to continue in this life with my face like this either.
rgb77

Post by rgb77 »

mcwick94,
I'm currently still stuck at about the same place as last time I posted. I still have breakouts. I had gotten to a point where I thought it was getting better weeks ago and I thought it would just continue to get get better. But overall it doesn't seem to be that much better than before I started using the zz cream. My face seems to be more tolerant to the cream(not as tight and dry) and some of the pustules go away faster than before, but I was just really hoping for more by now. I've read a lot of peoples testimonials saying they had major improvement or clearance of their mild rosacea in a few weeks to 3 months. I'm halfway through my 3rd month of using zz cream every night (and last month or so using the xfml cream during the day) and still feel like I'm not getting the results I was expecting. I'm continuing the treatment for now, but my hope is kind of fading.

I know I shouldn't expect to be completely healed after only barely 3 months, I just really want something to work. I do see an overall improvement in acne and rosacea, so I won't lose my hope yet. And mcick94 you should give it a try. The first few weeks for me were pretty hard, but I haven't really had what I would call a breakout since those initial ones. I still have a redness and a few, mostly small pustules that appear off and on, big nothing really bad. I'm just gonna keep hoping I continue to see improvement even if it is slow. I'm using my 4th jar a lot more sparingly because as of right now I don't have the money to buy more. I may have been using too much to begin with (probably about 1 1/4 jar a month).
Walter

Post by Walter »

Do you think the stuff that comes out of my pores on a daily basis is sebum or the mite
probably sebum, demodex mites are too small to see with the naked eye
If I do the ZZ Cream, how do I apply to an area like the crease of my chin and the corners of my mouth where this buildup is
Just like everywhere else, best to apply a bit on the whole face.
How about moisturizing? Can this be done after or can it be mixed in?
if you treat only during the evening/night then you can use moisturizing during the day.
some clients reported good result using aloe vera moisturizer over the ointment.
Also, when spots starting forming on my face, do I apply more of the ZZ cream here?
Not necessary but they heal faster when you do.
How much should be used and should it be done all over the face or just on the areas that are giving me the most problems?
Not much, just a tiny bit every application, best to use on the whole face.
I dont know if I have the strength to do this but
Why not give it a try if you can get rid of this problem?

Walter
rgb77

Post by rgb77 »

Well I ran out of the zz cream a few days ago and almost immediately my face has begun to break out. I've ordered 2 more and really hope it gets here soon. I thought I would be okay a few days without it, but apparently not. I really honestly cannot believe how fast it has been breaking out, getting worse day by day. Is this normal???? Shouldn't there have been some healing during my time using the cream and if so wouldn't that make it less likely for this to happen so quickly.... I have never broken out so fast. The entire center of my forehead and cheeks have become covered in the rough red patchy areas within like 3 days. This really worries me...
Walter

Post by Walter »

getting worse day by day. Is this normal????
I don’t understand this neither, so fast outbreak……………….
most of the time the opposite happens and the condition becomes better after stop treating for a few days,
even if all mites are not gone yet.
The only thing I can think of is that the ointment kept the quantity of the bad bacteria, responsible for the infections small.

please keep us updated

Walter